The FAFSA is the one application needed to apply for most federal and state grants, loans and work-study.
By completing your FAFSA before April 1 you:
– May qualify for UTPAdvantage.
– May qualify for more money from limited funding programs (Texas Grant, Work-Study, Perkins Loan).
– Will have the peace of mind knowing that you’ve taken care of all your educational financial needs BEFORE tuition is due (or if corrections or verification are needed).
Completing a FAFSA is easier than ever. All you need is:
– Your (and your parents, if you are a dependent student) 2008 income tax returns.
– Your (and your parents, if needed) electronic PIN number to electronically sign your FAFSA.
If you need one-on-one assistance, the UTPA Office of Student Financial Services can help you with a fully staffed Financial Aid Express Lab, which is located on the first floor of the Student Services Building, adjacent to the Student Financial Services Office.
The office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Wednesdays, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. On March 23-26 and March 30-April 1 the Student Financial Services Office will be open from 8 a.m.-7 p.m. to assist with the process.
For more information, visit www.utpa.edu/finaid or call (956) 381-2501.