For the first time, The University of Texas-Pan American will conduct graduation ceremonies over two days at the Fieldhouse, with one commencement Friday, May 10 at 6 p.m. and four Saturday, May 11. There are 1,308 prospective graduates.
The following is a list of commencement times and speakers:
Friday, May 10:
• 6 p.m. – Master’s and Doctoral candidates. Speaker: Dr. Salma I. Ghanem, Department of Communication chair and associate professor
Saturday, May 11:
• 9 a.m. – College of Arts and Humanities, College of Health Sciences and Human Services. Speaker: Dr. Felipe Alanis, Texas Education Commissioner.
• Noon – College of Education. Speaker: Dr. Felipe Alanis, Texas Education Commissioner.
• 3 p.m. – College of Business Administration, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences. Speaker: Nicholas Donofrio, senior vice president of Technology and Manufacturing for IBM Corp.
• 6 p.m. – College of Science and Engineering. Speaker: Nicholas Donofrio, senior vice president of Technology and Manufacturing for IBM Corp.
Graduates are asked to arrive one hour before their commencement begins. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions and Records at 956/381-2201 or 381-2206.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance or reasonable accommodations in order to attend this event must contact the office by May 6. Individuals with hearing impairments may contact the office by calling V/TDD 381-2215.
Click here for the full spring 2002 graduation release.