If you haven't applied for financial aid for fall 2007/spring 2008 at The University of Texas-Pan American, you still have time.
Applying is quick and easy. All you need is your (and your parents, if applicable) 2006 Federal Income Tax Return and copies of your W-2 forms.
Students can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov or can visit UTPA's Financial Aid Express Lab on the first floor of the Student Services Building for one-on-one assistance.
Express Lab hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Wednesday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
The Office of Student Financial Services highly recommends that both students and parents apply for their federal Personal Identification Number at http://www.pin.ed.gov to electronically sign their FAFSA to receive a quicker response.
Complete your FAFSA through July 31 to be entered into a raffle for one of five $500 scholarships to be awarded for fall 2007.
By completing your FAFSA before July 31 you:
- Help ensure your financial aid awards are in place by the Aug. 20 payment deadline.
- Help avoid the need for emergency loans.
- Help avoid having your classes dropped for non-payment.
- Help avoid waiting in long lines the first week of class.
- Have the peace of mind knowing that you are prepared for the first day of school.
To learn more about financial aid opportunities at UTPA, contact Student Financial Services at 956/381-2501 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest financial aid information, visit the UTPA Student Financial Services Web site at http://www.ess.panam.edu/finaid.