The University of Texas-Pan American will offer extended office hours for students needing assistance in preparing for the start of the spring 2006 semester.
Key offices in the Division of Enrollment and Student Services will remain open after 5 p.m. all semester long. The extended hours, which began Jan. 3, will be from 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday.
The following Enrollment and Student Services offices will offer extended hours:
- Admissions and New Student Services, UTPA Visitor Center
- Advisement Center, University Center, Room 215
- Counseling Services, University Center, Room 109
- Dean of Students Office, University Center, Room 104
- International Admissions and Services, University Center, Room 113
- Learning Assistance Center (LAC), LEAC Building, Room 100
- Office of Services for Persons with Disabilities, Emilia Schunior Ramirez Hall, Room 1.101
- Registrars Office, Student Services Building, Room 1.150
- Student Financial Services and Scholarships, Student Services Building, Room 1.192
- Student Health Services, Emilia Schunior Ramirez Hall, Room 1.113
- Student ID Office, University Center, Room 207
- University Testing Services, UTPA Annex Building (located at 2412 S. Closner)
In addition, other key offices will remain open after 5 p.m. for the convenience of students on the following days: Jan. 17-19 and 23. Administrative offices will remain open until 7 p.m. Students are also asked to check with their academic departments for extended office hours.
The following offices will offer extended hours:
- Academic departments (beginning the first day of class, Jan. 17)
- Campus Housing, Dorm Lobbies, first floor
- Center for Distance Learning for WebCT Support, Academic Service Building, Room 2.152
- College Access and Support Programs, Emilia Schunior Ramirez Hall, Room 2.207
- Emergency Loan Office, Administration Building, Room 214
- Graduate Office, Administration Building, Room 116
- IT Service Desk - Email Support, Academic Service Building, Room 1.102
- Parking Services Office, Academic Support Facilities (Physical Plant) Building, Room 1.201
- Payments and Collections, Student Services Building, Room 1.145
- University Bookstore, located on Miguel A. Nevárez Drive
If you are an individual with a disability and require assistance or accommodations in order to access these services, contact the Division of Enrollment and Student Services at 956/381-2147 at least two days in advance. Proper documentation may be required.