The University of Texas-Pan American will offer extended office hours to assist students during the start of the fall 2002 semester.
UTPA will keep key offices open until 7 p.m. for the convenience of students on the following days: Thursday, Aug. 22; Friday, Aug. 23; Monday-Thursday, Aug. 26-29; Tuesday, Sept. 3; and Wednesday, Sept. 4.
University Retention Advisement Program (URAP) representatives will be available for advisement during the extended hours, and the dean's offices at the six UTPA academic colleges will also be open.
URAP representatives will be readily available at these colleges:
- College of Arts and Humanities, CAS 342, 956/316-7907
- College of Business Administration, CARIR Center BA 120B, 956/316-7966
- College of Education, EDC 143, 956/316-7965
- College of Health Sciences and Human Services, HSHW 2.132, 956/318-5258
- College of Science and Engineering, MAGC 2.136A, 956/318-5294
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, SBS 213, 956/318-5365
Extended hours will also be offered at the following UTPA offices:
- Admissions & Records, Student Services Building, first floor, 956/381-2201
- Campus Housing, Dorm Lobbies, first floor, 956/381-3439
- Counseling/Advisement Center, Student Services Building, fifth floor, 956/381-2529
- Emergency Loan Office, Administration Building (AB), second floor, 956/381-2191
- Graduate Office, AB, first floor, 956/381-3661
- International Student Advisor, Student Services Building, sixth floor, 956/381-2922
- Learning Assistance Center (LAC), Student Services Building, sixth floor, 956/381-2585
- Office of Services for Persons with Disabilities, Emilia Schunior Ramirez Hall, first floor, 956/316-7005
- Payments & Collections, Student Services Building, first floor, 956/381-2715
- Special Programs, Emilia Schunior Ramirez Hall, second floor, 956/381-2522
- Student Financial Services & Scholarships, Student Services Building, first floor, 956/381-2501
- Student Health Services, Emilia Schunior Ramirez Hall, first floor, 956/316-7033
- Student I.D. Office, University Center, second floor, 956/381-3676
- Student Outreach Services, Student Services Building, sixth floor, 956/381-2999
- University Testing Services, UTPA Annex Bluilding, 956/316-2457
- University Police Department, Physical Plant, 956/381-2727
The University Bookstore will also offer the following extended hours:
- Tuesday-Thursday, Aug. 20-22, 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 23, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 24, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday, Aug. 26-29, 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 30, 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 31, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 2, Closed (Labor Day)
- Tuesday-Thursday, Sept. 3-5, 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 6, 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Free cookies and punch will be offered at the Student Union from 4-6 p.m. on Aug. 22, 23, and Aug. 26-29.
For individuals with a disability and requiring assistance or accommodations in order to access these services, please contact the Division of Enrollment & Student Services at 956/381-2147 at least 2 days in advance. Proper documentation may be required.