UTPA's HESTEC 2011 Middle School Challenge Registration is now closed.
UTPA's HESTEC 2011
Middle School Challenge
|Only 6 - 8 Grade Level Students|
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Friday, September 30, 2011
||Friday, September 9, 2011
- National Science Foundation Center for Multiscale Modeling of Atmospheric Processes (CMMAP)/Little Shop of Physics (confirmed)
- National Science Foundation Presentations (confirmed):
- Make Your Own Earthquakes! Featuring Thumper
- Unlocking the Secrets of Tornadoes with New Technology Featuring Storm Chaser
- Ant Farmers of Texas
- Studying Tropical Corals – in Texas!
- What Happens to Rainwater After it Hits the Ground?
- Make An Electric Pickle!
- NASA Exhibit (confirmed)
- The United States Navy Robot (confirmed)
- The United States Army Trailer (tentative)
- UTPA CHAPS Community Historic Archaeology Project with Schools (tentative)
- Raytheon’s MathMovesU (tentative)
- Boeing presentation (tentative)
|| FREE EVENT
- Lunch will not provided. Alternate eating arrangements for your students must be arranged through your school district.
- Travel arrangements must be arranged and secured through your school district.
- 1 Chaperone per 20 Middle School Students is required.
For more information, please contact Karen Dorado email@example.com or by phone 956-665-3361.
Reasonable arrangements for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested at least two weeks in advance, please contact HESTEC at (956) 665-3361. Assistance for the hearing impaired can be obtained by calling the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) at (956) 384-5071.