Test Scoring Scanning Services
Scanning Services allows you to scan student test scantrons to generate a test report.
Test scores scanning is provided for General Purpose – Scantron - Answer Sheet (form no. 30423) as shown below
Hours of Availability
Test scoring scanning is available during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 1:30 to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Requests must be made in person. Faculty must walk in the packet of test scantrons to the Distribution Services Window in order to be scanned and processed. Results will be emailed to the faculty member at his/her @utpa.edu email address.
- Faculty member drop-off Scantron test packets to be scanned and processed at the Distribution Services window at the Computer Center. The packet must include:
- One KEY scantron containing:
- The word “KEY” in positions 1-3 of NAME.
- Fill out the bubble for the correct answer of each question
- The students’ test scantrons
- Faculty must provide the following information to the window staff:
- Starting Question Number
- Ending Question Number
- Course (i.e.MATH130101)List any questions that should be ignored Ignore Questions (Y/N)
- Include Student Response Matrix in score report (Y/N)
- Include Item Analysis in score report (Y/N)
- Faculty member UTPA username
- Scantron packets are usually scanned right away and returned to the faculty, unless other instructions are given to Distribution Services window staff.
- A program will process the scanner data and e-mail the Test Scoring report to the username provided by the faculty (only @utpa.edu usernames are accepted).