Video Production Services
The purpose of this Standard Operating Procedure is to provide information about Video Services Department’s Videoconferencing Support Unit and to provide procedures for patrons requesting services from this Unit.
The Videoconferencing Unit of the Department of Video Services provides coordination and technical support for two-way live videoconferencing on the UTPA campus. In this document, instructors and administrators can learn how to utilize our videoconferencing facilities and how to make arrangements to teach a class to a remote site via videoconferencing or conduct a meeting with a participant in a distant location.
To request services from the Videoconferencing Unit of Video Services Department, requestor must be a faculty member or staff member currently employed by the university. The service requested must be related to the mission of the department which is to support faculty, staff and students who use video technology on campus. It is required that requests be submitted to Video Services Department at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. This allows for Video Services staff to make contact with remote site and verify connectivity or make proper arrangements to ensure a successful connection
It is the responsibility of the requestor to follow the procedures listed below.
- Provide a written description of the services being requested. Description should include topic of program, target audience, and the benefits to the university the program will impart.
- Provide the designated university account information. Video Services will verify the availability of funds before any project commences production.
- All software item costs, such as tape stock, are the responsibility of the requester.
- An itemized breakdown sheet detailing specific hours worked and supplies used will be given to the requester for final payment.
- All footage acquired by Video Services is archived, designated as stock-footage and is the property of Video Services.
- Video Services reserves the right to use footage from any production for current or future projects so long as its use does not compromise the integrity of the original project.
Copyrighted Videos - Video Services has the ability to duplicate instructional video materials for faculty and staff. However, duplication of copyrighted material cannot be done without expressed written permission from the copyright owner.
Satellite Downlinks - Video Services provides satellite downlink services to university departments and administrative offices. Our satellite receiver is capable of receiving most analog C-Band and KU-Band satellite broadcasts. The receiver is in the Academic Services Building; however, the signals can be routed to other locations on campus. The requestor is responsible for all registration fees required to receive the broadcast. Please provide the satellite coordinates to Video Services at least 5 days in advance to verify that the satellite’s reception is acceptable.
Inter Departmental Transfer (IDT) – Transaction done in Oracle Enterprise System whereby funds are transferred from a department who received services to a department who provided services (Video Services Dept).