Request Access to a Web Site
The goal of this procedure is to provide the steps necessary for a “Request Access to Web Site” process.
This procedure is intended for all current staff members of Internet Services.
A valid and active UTPA account must be in existence (in order to be able to access the University resources).
Internet Services team members
- When initial service request is received through the ticketing system, team member who is on call for Webhelp will respond to the request. The team member will ask the customer to forward a Web Services Request Form to begin processing the request. Refer customer to the central Forms website to download the form.
- When the customer completes and submits the Web Services Request Form to the Director, the Director will assign the request to the team member who is currently in charge of triage.
- Team member will review the Web Services Request Form to ensure that all required information is provided.
- If the project number and/or project manager signature is missing or any other signatures are missing, contact Customer to fill out all the required fileds and resend the form. This serves as documentation that the Project Manager has approved the request to grant access to the website for the user.
- If all signatures are included and all required information is complete, the team member will then contact the Access Admins team with the relevant information to complete the process of providing access.
- For websites that are not in the CMS, the request will be sent to the Systems team to create a share and provide access to the relevant folder for the user.
- Only users who have been granted access to the website will be able to change the content of the website and/or request content changes by submitting a request to email@example.com.