Initial migrations to Office 365 have gone extremely well considering the size and complexity, but a few minor issues have appeared. If you are having any post-migration issues, check the questions below. If you find your particular issue is not addressed, contact the IT Help Desk at 956-665-2020 or at (firstname.lastname@example.org
- My desktop client or mobile device is unable to retrieve email. How can I fix this?
Please follow the instructions on reconfiguring your mail client for your specific email client. If this does not help resolve your issue please call the IT Helpdesk at 956-665-2020.
- Since the migration, I have come across addresses that do not work (undeliverable email). I have noticed that if I use the recipient's name from the "To" line (autocomplete), I will get that error, but if I search for the recipient’s name in the email directory and use it, then it works fine.
Items stored in the cache of your copy of Microsoft Outlook may not work correctly with the new server. To correct this, open Outlook using your new profile (the one pointing to Office 365) and do the following:
This will remove all the "remembered" e-mail addresses that now have an invalid path.
- Go to File > Options
- Select Mail
- Scroll down and click "Empty Auto-Complete list"
- I am trying to update a distribution list and get the get the following error "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object."
This is a transitional problem caused by having some members of the distribution list on one server and some on the other. Contact the Access Administration Office at Ext. 7174 or email at email@example.com to have our systems group update the distribution list for you.
- When viewing a message in webmail, I get the following error: "This message has a digital signature. The digital signature couldn't be validated because the S/MIME control isn't available." What does this mean?
There is an issue resolving some security certificates in Office 365 web mail. This does not affect the message itself, which is still readable, but makes it impossible to verify the sender of the message. At this time we are recommending that people do not reinstall their security certificates until after they have been successfully migrated to Office 365.
- When I log in to the myUTPA portal, why do I see an error message on the Outlook tab that says "Outlook preview is temporarily unavailable?"
In my.UTPA.edu under Email Preview, you will see the new Office 365 tab and the old Outlook tab. If you click on the Outlook tab, you will see the error message “Outlook preview is temporarily unavailable.” This is because the Office 365 campus migration to the Cloud is currently in progress and there are two email systems concurrently active -- the one on-premises and the one in the Cloud. Once the migration to Office 365 is completed, the Outlook tab will be removed.
- I am using Outlook 2011 for the Mac and can't access the contacts stored on the server.
Unfortunately, the current version of Outlook for the Mac lacks this functionality. Until it can be fixed, you may want to move these contacts to your Mac's Address Book application and use Apple's iCloud service to sync them across your devices.
- What do "Free" and "Busy" mean in the calendar?
Terms used to indicate a person’s availability.
- How can I change my password for Office 365?
You can change your password by going to myaccount.utpa.edu
- How do I change the time zone in OneDrive for Business?
On the Top Menu Bar, click on the wrench, and select Site Settings. Under Site Administrations, click on Regional Settings. Change the Time Zone to (UTC–0:600) Central Time (US and Canada), and click OK.