There are many ways to easily protect your account:
- Don't share your password with others. Protect it.
- Remember: UTPA will never ask for your password.
- Choose a strong password and change it often.
- Create a unique password by using a combination of letters and numbers that aren't easily guessed. For example, if you have a playful beagle, your password might be p14yfulB3aG13.
- Avoid using the same password for other accounts.
- Keep your computer protected using security software (Microsoft Forefront and Avast! are free), which creates a security firewall for your activity and scans for intrusions of malware.
NOTE: Use caution when someone asks for sensitive information through email. Especially if you get an email requesting personal information and/or you're unsure whether UTPA actually sent it. Don't click any links or enter information. Instead, forward the email to email@example.com
so that we can have the suspicious email examined by our security team.