Please call the Helpdesk at 956-665-2020 to request a Digital Certificate for you.
- Once the certificate is created an email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to your UTPA email address.
- Open the email and click on the link in it to finish enrolling for your certificate.
- You will be asked to create a PIN. This number will be used when you import your certificate in your browser. Pick something that you will remember because we cannot recover it for you.
- Once you have entered all the information click Submit. It may take several minutes for the next screen to load. Please be patient.
- On the next page click Download in order to download your certificate.
- Save the certificate on your H drive or Home drive. If you are not given an option to choose where you save your certificate, your browser probably downloaded it into the Downloads folder on your C drive. You can simply copy the certificate file from this folder onto your H drive. Name it with the "Incommon" plus the current date ie: "InCommon_01-10-2011". If one already exists, then add "_002" to it. Etc.
- Install your digital certificate next. Select the instructions for the operating system on your computer. If you are using a Mac, make sure you select the instructions for the email program you are using.