How do I setup Broncmail on my Apple (iOS) device?
Bronc Mail setup for Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch)
- Select Settings from the home screen.
- Select the Mail, Contacts, Calendars button from the settings screen.
- Select the Add Account... button.
- Select the Microsoft Exchange button.
- Enter the following information, then select Join:
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Username: username @broncs.utpa.edu (This must also be full-email address).
- Password: Your UTPA password.
- Domain: broncs.utpa.edu
- If prompted type in the Server Address outlook.office365.com * and select Next.
- You will then have the option to enable mail, contact, and calendars. When prompted, it is strongly recommended to keep existing contacts on the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
- Select Save.
You will now be able to access the UTPA Bronc Mail on your iOS enabled device by selecting the Mail app.
*Note: Some devices will not recognize outlook.office365.com as the server address; if that is the case try using pod51008.outlook.com
. If you are still unable to connect you can follow these steps to find the exact server name for your account. IMAP, POP and SMTP settings for your account can be found below as well:
- Log in to your Bronc Account at utpa.edu/broncmail.
- On the top right corner, under your name, click the Options menu.
- From the options menu select See all options.
- Under the My Account section, you will see the Account Information.
- Look for the link named Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access, and click it.
- A new window will open, and will contain the server information for the types of settings.
- The server name should be in the form of podXXXXX.outlook.com (where the X’s are a unique number for your account.)