Friday, March 6, 2015
No bulletins today.
- Journey Stories, a traveling exhibit from the Smithsonian Institution
- 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Journey Stories, a traveling exhibit from the Smithsonian Institution will be on display at in the Library Shary Room from February 17 - March 27, 2015 on Monday-Friday, 8 a.m....
- “Big Read” Art Exhibit: Into the Beautiful North
- The Big Read is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) designed to restore reading to the center of American culture. This is the third time UTPA...
- Journey Stories
- Journey Stories, is a traveling exhibit from the Smithsonian Institution. Journey Stories are tales of how we and our ancestors came to America – are a central element of our...
- PATRICIA FABRE
- Paintings by visiting artist from Puebla, Mexico; exhibit sponsored by the Mexican Consulate in McAllen, TX. Exhibit will be open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
- Scenes from EVITA
- 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM The cast of UTPA's EVITA will perform fully-staged musical numbers (Lyrics by Tim Rice and Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber)
Faculty director: Richard Edmonson
- The Eubanks Family – A Porcion of Edinburg
- 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM This is the third component of a three-part lecture series to showcase UTPA’s CHAPS Program ongoing research. For the fourth year, the CHAPS Program class Discovering the Rio Grande Valley...
- Poetry Reading: Spanish Crypto-Jews of South Texas
- 12:30 PM - 01:30 PM M. Miriam Herrera, Lecturer in English and Poetry Editor of HaLapid: the Journal of the Society for Crypto-Judaic Studies (University of Colorado, Colorado Springs) reads from her work and discusses...
- Chicks With Words
- 01:00 PM - 02:00 PM The three “chicks” will discuss how living in the borderlands of South Texas informs and shapes their works of prose and poetry. They will also give a creative performance of...
- Activism, Art and Poetry
- 06:00 PM - 08:30 PM Activists, authors, musicians, artists, and groups of community will participate to support parents of missing students in Ayotzinapa, Mexico. There will be readings of poetry, an art exhibit and music...
- EVITA By Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice
- 07:30 PM - 08:30 PM The musical Evita is the colorful story of Eva Peron, second wife to Argentine dictator Juan Peron. Born an “illegitimate” child, Eva Peron rose to become the most powerful woman...