Tuesday, March 3, 2015
No bulletins today.
- Journey Stories, a traveling exhibit from the Smithsonian Institution
- 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Journey Stories, a traveling exhibit from the Smithsonian Institution will be on display at in the Library Shary Room from February 17 - March 27, 2015 on Monday-Friday, 8 a.m....
- “Big Read” Art Exhibit: Into the Beautiful North
- The Big Read is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) designed to restore reading to the center of American culture. This is the third time UTPA...
- Journey Stories
- Journey Stories, is a traveling exhibit from the Smithsonian Institution. Journey Stories are tales of how we and our ancestors came to America – are a central element of our...
- PATRICIA FABRE
- Paintings by visiting artist from Puebla, Mexico; exhibit sponsored by the Mexican Consulate in McAllen, TX. Exhibit will be open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
- Visiting artists workshops from Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
- Fernando Silva, president of the Association of Contemporary Artists in Morelos A.C., and sculptor Jesus Franco will participate in FESTIBA with a workshop emphasizing the creative thinking process when designing...
- Discovering the New World in Renaissance Italy: Mexican Martyrs in Rome circa 1622
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM The dissemination of Jesuit martyrdom portraits from the missions in northern Mexico to Rome in the 1620s, and the key role that colonial Mexican images played in forming the artistic...
- The Handsome Pepper
- 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM A body of work PowerPoint presentation.
Faculty presenters/participants: Carlos Gomez
- “Big Read” Film Series: The Magnificent Seven and Seven Samurai
- 05:00 PM - 06:30 PM The plot of Into the Beautiful North follows a classic pattern often found in quest novels. Luis Urrea emphasizes the story’s connection to other classic quest stories by paying homage...
- The Material and the Spiritual in African American Literature
- 07:00 PM - 08:30 PM ENGL 6318 MA students will present their group blogs on the material-spirit dialectic in African-American literature.
Faculty presenters/participants: Shawn Thompson and ENGL 6318 students.
- APERIO: Music of the Americas
- 07:30 PM - 08:30 PM Houston’s cutting-edge music ensemble performs in a ground-breaking chamber music recital. Dedicated to the music of North and South American composers, this concert will feature fierce funk, jumping jazz, soulful...
- EVITA By Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice
- 07:30 PM - 08:30 PM Fully-staged musical with lyrics by Tim Rice and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber. The musical Evita is the colorful story of Eva Peron, second wife to Argentine dictator Juan Peron....