Thursday, March 21, 2013
- 2013 SGA Run-Off Election Results
From: Student Affairs | Student Involvement
The results of the SGA 2013 Run-off election for President and Vice President are in. Congratulations to the newly elected SGA Executive team which will begin their term on April...
- ACT-Residual Exam and Q-THEA Exam
From: Student Affairs | Office of High School to University Programs and Testing Srv
UTPA Testing Services provides several upcoming opportunities to take the ACT Residual Exam and Q-THEA
- April 10th ~ Health and Wellness Event for Employees
From: Business Affairs | Office of the Provost
- The University Bookstore Sale
From: Business Affairs | Academic Advising Center
- GRADES DOWN? GET THAT KILLA SWAG BACK!
From: Student Affairs | Learning Assistance Center
The Learning Assistance Center has added Logic and Economics tutors to help you get that pre-Spring Break confidence back. Click here for our current schedule! ...
- Teaching Academy Developing Group Work and Rubrics
From: Academic Affairs | Office of Graduate Studies
Attention Graduate students!!! Do you have questions on developing group work projects? Do you need help with creating a Rubrics? This Gradschool Workshop will provide a template of how to develop group...
- UTPA CoBA presents free conference on "Affordable Care Act"
From: Business Affairs | Community Engagement
“What You Need to Know About the Affordable Care Act”Students and business owners who require further information on the new federal healthcare law should attend a FREE conference on
- Office of Graduate Studies Library Resources Workshop
From: Academic Affairs | Office of Graduate Studies
Attention Graduate Students!!! Learn how to make use of Library Resources. This Gradschool Workshop will be a hands on and intensive to get you acquainted or refresh your skills about database navigation. ...
- VSO supports new performing arts center with concert April 22
- The Valley Symphony Orchestra (VSO) will perform at 7 p.m. Monday, April 22, in the Edinburg City Auditorium to support The University of Texas-Pan American’s forthcoming Academic and Performing Arts...
- Dance Program receives recognition at 2013 American College Dance Festival
- “Bitter Sorrow,” a dance choreographed by Min Kim, assistant professor of dance at The University of Texas-Pan American, was selected for the gala performance of the American College Dance Festival,...
- Medical Spanish for Heritage Learners presents the film Las enfermedades en el septimo arte-Malos habitos-2007
- This film presentation will accommodate medical reflection, debate and learning through exposure to the diseases brought to the big screen.
- The Faculty Show
- 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Featuring works by faculty of the Art Department and organized by the Art Department.
- The struggle has always been inner
- 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM Gloria Anzaldua's (Border)Land Images and the (R)evolutionary Steps toward Environmental Change. Faculty presenters/participants: Dr. Chris Keller
- The Three Amigos Write!
- 09:15 AM - 10:30 AM UTPA Instructors and writers will read their creative writing ranging from creative non-fiction, fiction and poetry.
- Legacy of Courage-The Story of Gregorio and Ana Esparza and their Descendants
- 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM The Colonial Spanish Texas Speaker Series. Faculty presenters/participants: Lino Garcia, moderator, Laura Esparza, presenter. Presentation is from 10:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- La Critica Literaria de Emmanuel Carballo en 'Mexico en la Cultura'
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Faculty presenters/participants: Dr. Rogelio R. Rea, Professor of Mexican History at the Escuela Normal Sujperior Sáenz Garza, Monterrey, NL
- Obsessions and Authenticity: A Poetry Reading
- 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM In her writing classes, poet M. Miriam Herrera encourages students to develop a flourishing writing process unique to each writer, to tap into their obsessions and write from the deepest...
- Fiction Along the Rio Grande
- 02:30 PM - 03:45 PM Readings of original fiction by local authors.
- The Colonial, Catholic Body: Identity and Self-Relation in Mexican and Irish Diasporas
- 04:00 PM - 06:00 PM Presenters/participants: Jen McWeeny, Associate Professor of Philosophy at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Tips for Mixing Multiple Sources and Your Own Ideas and Research into a Strong Paper or Presentation
- 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM Faculty presenter/participant: Dr. Rebekah Hamilton, Director of the University Writing Center
- Tu voz, mi voz: La importancia de la capacitación del intérprete médico inglés-español en el área de la salud
- 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM Students in the Medical Spanish for Heritage Learners program through testimonies will describe their experiences when in the absence of a professional interpreter had to take the role of the...
- Espirales al viento: Spanish Narrative
- 05:00 PM - 06:15 PM Graduate Students will read their works in Spanish.
- In Our Words: Poems in Voices
- 05:00 PM - 06:30 PM Advanced poetry writing students will read/perform their original poetry.
- Bronc Alumni Party
- 05:30 PM - 08:30 PM Bronc Alumni Party
When the workday is over, it's time to unwind.
Join fellow alumni and friends for good conversation,
food, drinks, music, and door prizes
Aloe King Farm
- Authors and Presenters Reception
- 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM Join us for a celebration of FESTIBA 2013 authors, presenters, and participants, including a showcase of UT Pan American faculty authors signing their new books. Faculty with recent book publications...