Wednesday, March 20, 2013
- UTPA OCISO-Security Bulletins for March 2013
From: Business Affairs | Privacy and Security
In the month of March 2013, the most significant security bulletins are from the following software publishers. All the bulletins have an update that can eliminate the known vulnerability.
Adobe: 1 (Read official...
- REMINDER: Mask Project - Pick Up Your Masks
From: Student Affairs | Counseling Center
Thank you, everyone, for participating in this year's Mask Project, sponsored by Counseling and Psychological Services and the Student Union. The masks were absolutely amazing and we had a beautiful...
- Parking and Transportation Services Survey
From: Business Affairs | Police Department
Date: March 18, 2013
To: Students, Faculty and Staff
Subject: Parking and Transportation Services Survey
- SPINNING - SPIN Flex Instructor Training
From: Student Affairs | Wellness and Recreational Sports
The WRSC will host the continuing education course from Mad Dogg Athletics SPIN Flex. Learn how to incorporate SPIN and weight training into group exercise. For more information or to...
- Clinton Elementary students learn about history, chocolate during FESTIBA
- Students at William J. Clinton Elementary School in Peñitas saw the books they have read in class come to life in a sense when they had the opportunity to meet...
- International Book Discussion 2013
- 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM Another exciting event promoting literacy in the community continues the tradition started two years ago at FESTIBA 2011 at UTPA. The Dustin Michael Sekula Memorial Library in Edinburg will host...
- Psychoanalysis Panel Discussion
- 01:00 PM - 02:30 PM Presenters/participants: Santiago Herrera, Erick Morin, and Lilia Sanchez - students from Dr. Adriel Trott's Philosophy of Psychoanalysis class.
- Creative Writing Student-Teaching Presentation
- 02:30 PM - 03:45 PM A group of undergraduate creative writing students will take over the classroom and teach a creative writing technique of their choosing.
- Thought Experiments in Philosophy
- 02:30 PM - 04:00 PM Presenters/participants: Students from Dr. Greg Gilson's Metaphysics class.
- Artist Robert Moreau - Lecture & Demonstration on the Renaissance techniques of Verdaccio, Grisaille and A La Prima
- 04:30 PM - 05:30 PM "Verdaccio" is a technique used in oil painting dating back to the Renaissance and is typically associated with the work of Leonardo Da Vinci and artists of the Southern Renaissance....
- Poesía Sin Fronteras: A Celebration of Chican@ Poetry
- 05:00 PM - 06:30 PM The Chican@ Poetry and Poetics class at UTPA and community members will perform poetry banned from the Tucson Unified School District curriculum. (TUSD's Mexican American Studies program was dismantled in...
- Presentation of Photographic Exhibit - El andar del teatro en español en una mirada
- 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM Exhibition of photography of performances presented in Spanish language by the Theatrical Group "Frontera Líquida" from 2007-2012, UTPA and beyond. Faculty presenters/participants: Dr. Edna Ochoa and participants from the Department...