Wednesday, April 17, 2013
- Guest Speaker Dr. Tom Grites, Ph.D. April 22, 2013
From: Academic Affairs | Academic Advising Center
Dr. Grites, is one of the founding members of the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) and has served as its President for two terms. He currently serves as a Senior...
- UTPA OCISO-Security Bulletins for April 2013
From: Business Affairs | VP For Business Affairs
In the month of April 2013, the most significant security bulletins are from the following software publishers. All the bulletins have an update that can eliminate the known vulnerability.
- Shorten your Path to a College Degree!
From: Student Affairs | High School to University Services
The knowledge you''ve gained from your education or professional experiences can take you further than you think. CLEP offers you the opportunity to earn college credit by earning qualifying scores...
- Border kidnapping victims speak out at conference
- On a sweltering July afternoon in 2012, Adriana Chavez was kidnapped at gunpoint in Weslaco. Two masked men stormed into her father’s used car dealership. She was handcuffed and blindfolded...
- Palomarez named one of Top 100 Green Leaders by Poder Magazine
- Congratulations to UTPA alumnus Javier Palomarez (BBA '86) who was named one of Poder Magazine's "Top 100 Green Leaders" in its April-May 2013 issue.
- Promised Land (free movie showing)
- 07:00 PM - 08:30 PM EARTH WEEK AT UTPA: In Promised Land, Matt Damon stars as Steve Butler, a corporate salesman whose journey from farm boy to big-time player takes an unexpected detour when he...