2013 Summer Supercomputing Institute
The Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) at The University of Texas at Austin will host the 2013 Summer Supercomputing Institute from July 8 – 12 in Austin, Texas.
The Institute’s five-day workshop is intended for students, faculty, staff, and researchers across disciplines and at all levels, from new users of advanced computing technologies to more experienced users with research projects that require powerful computing software, visualization, or storage.
The workshop will afford participants an intensive introduction on the use of TACC’s computing resources through lecture presentations and interactive lab sessions lead by TACC‘s senior staff.
The presentations will focus on advanced computing technology and resources that include:
· Stampede: Dell PowerEdge C8220 Cluster with Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors
· Lonestar: Dell Linux Cluster
· Longhorn: Dell/NVIDIA Visualization and Data Analysis Cluster
· Ranch: Petascale archival facility
The interactive lab sessions will include:
· Obtaining access to TACC resources and services
· Reviewing the hardware and software available on TACC resources
· Developing parallel programs with OpenMP and MPI
· Using visualization and data analysis software and systems
· GPGPU programming
· Using the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor (MIC)
TACC staff will be on hand to assist participants in the application of the technologies and techniques presented at the Institute to their individual work. There will also be seminars conducted by researchers currently using TACC’s computing resources who will be discussing their work and giving examples of their applications of the resources.
Applications: Applications must be received by May 17th. An application status notification will be sent to applicants by May 24th.
Fee: A $150 fee is due by May 31st for applicants accepted.
To apply online or for more information about the Institute, registration, fees, and accommodations, please go to: https://www.tacc.utexas.edu/summer-institute.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
May 17 – Application deadline.
May 24 – Notifications sent to applicants.
May 31 – Fee payment deadline for accepted applicants.