Student Statistics Related Research Project Poster Competition
Sponsored by Interdisciplinary Statistics Club, Statistical Consulting Center
May 10, 2013, 8am-10am
Who: UTPA undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to participate.
Location: MAGC 2.412 (C-STEM).
Poster Size and Format Request:
· Size is about 36” by 36”,
· Format: have a title, followed by the student name(s), department/college information, and faculty advisor name and affiliation.
Project and Poster Requests:
The project is a research project that uses statistical procedures, such as descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing procedures, etc.
Specifically, the poster should include:
· Research goal(s) and/or question(s) are clear and properly stated.
· Brief but informative description on data that used for research.
· Use proper statistical procedures to address research questions.
· Arrive at correct results.
· Proper interpretations are provided for analysis results.
In addition, judges will give points based on the following considerations:
· Research topic is from an interesting real world problem.
· Poster presentation is in nice scientific presentation format.
· The presenter knows project and knowledge details and can explain or communicate well with people.
· The presenter did a through literature review.