UTPA Information Technology is pleased to announce new service features for the Telephone Voice Messaging System, also known as voicemail.
Highlights of the new voicemail features:
• Listen to voicemail through your email – Forward any new voicemail to your email account as an audio file. (You will still need to log in to your voicemail using your telephone to delete messages to keep your voice mailbox from getting full.)
• Notify Me – Send text message alerts to a mobile device when a new voicemail arrives. (Available only for mobile devices with local numbers using area code 956)
• Reach Me – Forward any calls to a mobile device before it prompts the caller to leave a voicemail. (Available only for mobile devices with local numbers using area code 956)
• Customize voicemail message playback to your preferences
• Reset voice mailbox password.
To set up these new voicemail features, visit www.utpa.edu/voicemail – accessible only from the UTPA campus and VPN network.
If you have any questions on how to set up personal voicemail greetings and retrieve messages, please visit our Voicemail Service Web Site. Instructions for administering your voicemail preferences are available at Voicemail Features Web Setup Guide.
You can also copy and paste the URLs below into your Internet browser.
Voicemail Service Web Site http://www.utpa.edu/dit/services/service.cfm?id=40
Voicemail Features Web Setup Guide http://www.utpa.edu/dit/help/files/AuraMessagingUserWebPreferences.pdf
If you should have any additional questions, please contact our Helpdesk at 956-665-2020.
Division of Information Technology
The University of Texas-Pan American