8490-2013/2014 STARS Scholarship Fund Application Now Available
Posted for Student Affairs by Brenda Garcia on Jan, 10 2013
Share |

                           2013/2014 Scholarship Application
Application Available Online at: 
    Paper Application: 

        Postmark Deadline of March 30, 2013. 
        The online application will be closed on March 30th at 5:00pm CST.

     Application Requirements: 
     All applicants are required to send:
  • Completed Application (online or paper)
  • Signed Certification and Release Form 
  • Official College/University Transcript (Reflecting Fall 2012 grades or last enrolled semester grades.) 
  • 2013/2014 Student Aid Report (SAR) 
  • 1 Page Personal Statement

    Please do not send additional documents (i.e. letters of recommendation, resumes, photos or copies of wards) All applicants are reviewed fairly and in a non-biased process which only takes the required documents into consideration.


    Mailing Instructions: 
    All required items listed above should be mailed or dropped off to:                 
        Stars Scholarship Fund                 
        3900 N. McColl Road                 
        McAllen, Texas 78501

      Scholarship Criteria

  • Be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551.
  • Be a permanent resident (5 or more consecutive years) of and have a permanent South Texas address in one of our 22 counties.
  • Have earned/completed at least 12 undergraduate credit hours at a U.S. accredited college or university before applying for the scholarship.
  • Have a minimum college cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
  • Have completed a high school diploma or its equivalent prior to the Fall of the new academic year.
  • Are enrolled in a U.S. accredited 2 yr. community college (enrolled part-time or full-time) in a degree-seeking program, or a 4yr. university undergraduate program (enrolled full-time) seeking a Bachelor’s Degree, or a university graduate program (enrolled full-time) seeking a Master’s, Law or Doctorate degree