2013/2014 Scholarship Application
Application Available Online at:
https://www.starsscholarship.org/stars_secure/login.aspx Paper Application:
Postmark Deadline of March 30, 2013.
The online application will be closed on March 30th at 5:00pm CST. Application Requirements:
All applicants are required to send:
Please do not send additional documents (i.e. letters of recommendation, resumes, photos or copies of wards) All applicants are reviewed fairly and in a non-biased process which only takes the required documents into consideration.
- Completed Application (online or paper)
- Signed Certification and Release Form
- Official College/University Transcript (Reflecting Fall 2012 grades or last enrolled semester grades.)
- 2013/2014 Student Aid Report (SAR)
- 1 Page Personal Statement
All required items listed above should be mailed or dropped off to:
Stars Scholarship Fund
3900 N. McColl Road
McAllen, Texas 78501
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551.
- Be a permanent resident (5 or more consecutive years) of and have a permanent South Texas address in one of our 22 counties.
- Have earned/completed at least 12 undergraduate credit hours at a U.S. accredited college or university before applying for the scholarship.
- Have a minimum college cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have completed a high school diploma or its equivalent prior to the Fall of the new academic year.
- Are enrolled in a U.S. accredited 2 yr. community college (enrolled part-time or full-time) in a degree-seeking program, or a 4yr. university undergraduate program (enrolled full-time) seeking a Bachelor’s Degree, or a university graduate program (enrolled full-time) seeking a Master’s, Law or Doctorate degree