8456-PANAM.EDU email address decommissioning
Posted for Business Affairs by on Dec, 06 2012
Share |



If you've studied or worked at UTPA in the last 10 years, you may have acquired an email address ending in PANAM.EDU in addition to your UTPA.EDU address. On April 23, 2001, UTPA began using the UTPA.EDU Internet domain.

PANAM.EDU was gradually phased out, but the ability to receive email at PANAM.EDU addresses was never done away with. Today, most of the email sent to PANAM.EDU addresses is spam.

In order to cut down on the amount of spam sent to UTPA, our email systems will stop accepting PANAM.EDU email on January 22nd, 2013. At that point only emails with the @UTPA.EDU suffix will be received. Messages ending with @PANAM.EDU will bounce back to the sender notifying them that it could not be delivered. Please make sure that you update any personal or departmental website, syllabus, business cards, or any other material advertising “” email addresses.

This change will only affect 32% of all email users, since the other 68% are already using @UTPA. EDU exclusively. If you have been receiving email addressed with the suffix, you will be receiving follow-up messages that will help you through the transition.

For questions, please call the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer at 956-665-7124.


Office of the Chief Information Security Officer