Monday, March 2, 2015
No bulletins today.
- Journey Stories, a traveling exhibit from the Smithsonian Institution
- 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Journey Stories, a traveling exhibit from the Smithsonian Institution will be on display at in the Library Shary Room from February 17 - March 27, 2015 on Monday-Friday, 8 a.m....
- “Big Read” Art Exhibit: Into the Beautiful North
- The Big Read is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) designed to restore reading to the center of American culture. This is the third time UTPA...
- Journey Stories
- Journey Stories, is a traveling exhibit from the Smithsonian Institution. Journey Stories are tales of how we and our ancestors came to America – are a central element of our...
- PATRICIA FABRE
- Paintings by visiting artist from Puebla, Mexico; exhibit sponsored by the Mexican Consulate in McAllen, TX. Exhibit will be open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
- Byzantine Iconography
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM A demonstration of Egg tempera and gold leaf. The artist demonstration will include techniques and materials used throughout the Byzantine Empire including Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia and Russia.
Faculty presenters/participants: Serena...
- The Challenges of Uniting Communities: Lessons from History
- 04:15 PM - 05:30 PM A round table discussion that addresses issues such as the Cuba-U.S. relations, race relations in the aftermath of the Civil War, the practice of law in the early Mexican borderlands,...
- An Artist’s Talk
- 06:00 PM - 07:00 PM On the importance of art for the individual and society, what it will take to be a commercial success as an artist including some of the business aspects, challenges and...
- UTPA Symphony Orchestra
- 07:30 PM - 09:00 PM Conductor Dr. Peter Dabrowski with the UTPA Symphony Orchestra present an exciting concert featuring the works of Rossini, Bach, and Schubert with Dr. Haysun Kang, guest pianist from Loyola University,...